Wednesday, November 15, 2006

OOOOOMMMmmm.........

What a terrible, terrible excuse for a world-class blogger I have become! Well, it has been nearly a month since my last entry. To answer the question "WHY?", then please refer to ZEN YOGA's website for my schedule www.yoga.ae .

If you're too lazy to do that, then let me break it down for you. My typical day goes like this: I wake up at 5:30 am, drive at least forty-five minutes at intervals of sitting in a freeway parking lot to breakneck speeds (I still have not quite gotten the kilometers-to-miles ratio down, so I just play dumb at how fast I'm really going). I arrive at the studio, teach a 7:00 am class, take a hot shower (I still don't have hot water at home), teach a 9:00 am class, teach a 10:30 am class, am on the schedule to teach an 11:30 am postnatal class, but no one ever shows up...same for the 12:30 class. Then, at 1:30 pm, after stuffing some food into my face and quickly changing from sweaty yoga clothes into presentable corporate attire, I hop back into the trusty Lancer for an hour of gridlock on the roads to get to my job at Depa, where I always arrive fifteen minutes late. I spend nearly two hours enlightening the employees there on the joys of communication before getting back into my car for a slightly less erratic, less congested drive back to the studio. I then teach a 5:00 children's yoga class, followed by a 6:15 pm class, followed by an 8:00 pm class (Apart from the children's class, all my classes are now seventy-five minutes long). I then drag my war-torn body back into my poor car for another forty-five minutes to get home, wishing for toothpicks to keep my eyes open.
Of course, my day does not end there. Once arriving home, I often cook some food and try to prepare myself for another long day ahead of me, never climbing into bed until after midnight.

In the hopes of feeling like I have a life outside of yoga, I have also begun to go to the climbing gym every Monday night after work, dragging myself up artificial rock until my body completely shuts down around 10:30 pm. Fortunately, I have met a lovely bunch of fellow climbers, but unfortunately, by the time I arrive at 9 or 9:30, they are winding down for the night.

So that's my life for you. Have I met lots of people? Ummm...right. Learned some of the language? Uh...no. Good grief, I don't even have time to brush my hair, much less reply to emails, post blogs, go out, grocery shop, take photos, wash clothes, clean my house, or, heaven forbid, have a life!!!

This was probably not the best day for me to post this blog.......breeaaatthhheeeee......

I do have loads of blogs just waiting to be written...I never even posted about Ramadan, not to mention the fact that I am going to be on T.V....and I know not much has been said about the yoga part...and you all know me, don't believe every word I say...I do find ways to get out and do things, ie. going out, charity events, etc...I will post all this in time, my dears...in time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tiffany,
Read your blog by chance. I practise Kundalini Yoga and we "nothing. something, by chance" I was trying to make contact with Noor Sweit to discuss further about some suggestions I have. I admire your ways of getting on in life. I look forward to emailing Ms Noor and yourself. I am from Malaysia and my email add is : alan_nair@yahoo.com.
Cheers!